SUSTAINABLE FRESH PRODUCE
We grow tasty, fresh, leafy greens and herbs hydroponically in the UAE, for the UAE
OUR HYDROPONIC FARMS IN THE UAE
- We use 90% less water than traditional open field farming
- On average our farms have 12 hours of natural daylight per day which reduces energy consumption
- We reduce the reliance on food imports and support food security and sustainability in the UAE
- Our farms will be within 200 kms of the majority of wholesalers, retailers and consumers therefore reducing our carbon footprint by up to 80% compared to imported fresh produce from Europe
- We reduce the time from harvest through to consumption, therefore our produce is fresher with a longer shelf life compared to imported produce
We grow leafy greens and herbs locally using our unique, cutting edge hydroponic technology. Our crops get the perfect amount of light, water and nutrients to grow delicious fresh produce every time.
Food security is at the forefront of the UAE’s future with The Ministry of State for Future Food Security launching the UAE’s Future Food Security Strategy later in 2018, focusing on new technologies that will revolutionize agriculture and food production in the country.
“The UAE is considered food secure due largely to its economic and political stability, but it must still address food security challenges by focusing on domestic production, high-tech agriculture, research and development (R&D), subsidisation and stockpiling policies, and food loss strategies,” Dr Ali Sebaa Al Merri, MBRSG’s executive president (Mohammad Bin Rashid School of Government)*
*Gulf News 8th February 2018